Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cells.py a terrible temptation

Terrible, terrible temptation.

Today on HN phreeza posted an awesome python game called Cells.

I forked the project and began looking through it. Made some comments (seriously, fork it yourself and add comments. It needs it). Tried to think of ways to implement the TODOS. Popped open a buffer and began brainfarting a testsuite/profiler for it.

And then caught myself. This month is Ruby. Why am I plunging into Cells, even though it is undoubtably dripping with awesome sauce?

I can tell myself that there's plenty of time to do both. But that'll mean that the next cool code I want to jump into will be ever so much more distracting.

Solution: set up a cronjob to fetch the upstream repo once a week until I can dedicate myself to playing with it. When I jump back in, it'll be even more awesome (since the post on HN, it's already had a ton of contribs).

No comments:

Post a Comment